Our Doctors & Staff
We're focused on making your care experience as personal, convenient, and comfortable as possible. We take the time to fully listen and understand your needs, and then work with you to develop an appropriate plan of action. We want you to be a full participating partner in your healthcare.
We'd like to get to know you on a personal level, so we’ve included some personal facts about us below that you might find interesting:
Alan Pocinki, M.D.
- Internal Medicine
Areas of Expertise
- Annual Physicals
- Complex Care
- Disease Management
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and Dysautonomia
- Preventive Health
- Washington Hospital Center
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctor
- Consumer Checkbook Top Doctor
- Patients Choice Award
- Distinguished Service Award (DC Medical Society)
- National Young Internist of the Year (American Society of Internal Medicine, 1997)
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Member of Board of Trustees of DC Medical Society
President of the DC Society of Internal Medicine
I believe strongly in individualized patient care, that each patient is unique, so that guidelines and other conventional wisdom may not always apply depending on the condition and circumstances. I am very oriented to health maintenance and disease prevention for those who are currently healthy. I explain to them what conditions they in particular are at increased risk for later in life and how to minimize these risks. Lastly, I believe that patients should play an active role in making decisions about their care. Patients are more likely to follow through if they know not just what they need to do but why they need to do it.
Tennis, stamp collecting, antique cars, cooking, travel with my family
Classic rock (1970's)